Nominations were received through the Mompreneur Manila website until last August 31. (To view nominations mechanics, click here.) From all nominations received, 16 were shortlisted and asked to submit requirements as well as answers to essay questions. All shortlisted nominees will undergo final evaluation by the board of judges and also undergo online voting from August 31 to September 10. The final winners will be chosen based on voting results from:
- Panel of judges (80%), and
- Online voting from August 29 to September 10 (20%)
- TOTAL SCORE: 100%
Following are the guidelines for judging:
There are five (5) categories for which one (1) winner per category will be chosen. The five categories are:
BRAND POSITIONING AND STRATEGY – aspects:
- Created and established a unique and distinct business concept, identity and positioning
- Focused marketing strategies to communicate the positioning
- Creatively communicates the brand identity to the public resulting in an engaged and loyal customer base and market
BRAND & PRODUCT INNOVATION – aspects:
- Created a business around a unique product, or a fresh product or brand innovation that is the basis for business success
- A trailblazer or trendsetter in her product category
- Shows fearlessness in constantly presenting either new things to her market, or finds new ways of offering her regular line up of products
PR & WORD OF MOUTH MARKETING – aspects:
- Utilizes public relations and word of mouth marketing in innovative ways to promote her business and her brand
- Established successful campaigns through PR and WOM with definitive results for the growth of her brand
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – aspects:
- Utilizes web and social media marketing in innovative ways to promote her business and her brand
- Established successful campaigns thru web and social media with definitive results for the growth of her brand
E. SOCIAL MOMPRENEURSHIP & ADVOCACY – aspects:
- Running a business that is hinged on personal advocacy
- Steadfast in bringing forth her advocacy through all her business endeavors
- Active in various forms of engagement and activities to further promote advocacy and business
- Wide reach and engagement of people and able to inspire others and create an impact in the community
- Winners will be chosen based on the following:
- Outstanding achievements in her category
- Innovation of business/ product and/or service also based on category
- Success as a mompreneur – balancing motherhood and work (based on her own testimonial)
- Based on the materials presented, judges will choose a winner, a 1st runner up and a 2nd runner up per category. This will be written down in a ballot to be given to each judge.
- Percentages will be assigned per place, and this will be computed and totaled accordingly, from the ballots of all the judges. (100% for winner, 75% for 1st runner up, 50% for 2nd runner up)
- One (1) mompreneur per category will be marked as the winner in the judging portion which will comprise of 80% of the total score. This will be the person with the highest percentage of votes from the complete board of judges.
- All nominees photos and profile write up will be posted on the Mompreneur Manila website for public voting.
- Multiple votes per day and throughout the voting duration is permitted.
- Percentages will be computed based on number of votes in the category.
- One (1) mompreneur per category will be marked as the winner in the online voting portion which will comprise of 20% of the total score.
- The Awarding ceremony will be held at the 2nd Mompreneur Summit to be held at the Blue Leaf Events Pavilion in BGC on September 14, 2013.